Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Christmas is near : see Wendy at the O2 in London!

My silence has been deafening, I know! Blogging is something which I would love to do more, however (excuses, excuses) choosing what to say is a thoughtful process. It sometimes takes a while to formulate!

This Christmas time I will be at the Handmade Christmas event at the O2 in London from 13 December (Friday) till 15 December (Sunday) 2013. I would love to see new clients at the event - and you can get to see my work and myself in person. I have also started keeping a magnifier on the stand to view details, which helps me (!) and you.

My signature designs feature colour, gemstones, wire coils and woven wire. If you enjoy adding matching jewellery colour to your wardrobe, many of my designs will suit. This necklace below was commissioned for a client and accurately colour matched to her outfit for a wedding. She was very pleased with the result. She now also has matching earrings and bracelet! 




I am really looking forward to the show. It will be the largest event I have yet joined as a designer /maker, and I hope the target market will be spot on. To be safe, I have been making many new pieces to suit every pocket. I have the "Festival" fun range which is great for Christmas party fun.  For fellow crafters, I will also sell a kit which teaches how to make a woven wire ring (see blog 10 ). 

The Delphine range will see its official debut - the Sterling Silver range. This range includes a number of statement necklaces, earrings and bracelets designed and handcrafted by myself. The whitest metal will be embellished with precious gemstones and high quality freshwater pearls. Colour in this range will be provided by the choice of gemstone, and occasionally oxidised silver. 

Another development over the last year is my new logo. Finally, I have a design which is great to use (from a design point of view), elegant and "me".  Turn me upside down, and you will still have "me"! 

Some of the latest work can be followed on my Facebook page  .  

Here is a recent photo of my jewellery stand. This one was taken at one of the Doddington Hall (near Lincoln) Craft shows. The stand layout at the O2 show (which you will hopefully be attending) will be similar, with a few new graphics and new work. 


You will be glad to know that I will be continuing my design blogs regarding new ideas and thoughts on ideas. More recently I have been counting … Fibonacci style! Yes, I have a new weaving technique design which developed based on the formula of the Fibonacci sequence. More on this later. 

Please plan your London trip for the week ending 13 - 15 December 2013, and go to the O2 for the  Handmade Christmas event, open from 1pm till 8:30 pm. I am at stand number 566, Wendy McLean, Jewellery. Hope to see you there! 





No comments:

Post a Comment